Study participants receive $20 per hour. Time commitment varies from study to study.
All studies conducted by the CCLR have been reviewed and received ethics clearance through the Office of Research Ethics at the University of Waterloo, (519) 888-4567 ext. 36005.
Current Studies include:
- Focus group study
- Soft contact lens wearers for a focus group discussing contact lens wear and care. Ages 17 to 25 OR 35 and older. Must not have taken part in a CCLR study in which products were dispensed for at least 2 years, and must not be students or employees at the School of Optometry and Vision Science.
- Click here for more information and to complete a brief online questionnaire to determine your eligibility: http://cclrstudy.uwaterloo.ca/
- Contact lens or spectacle wearers with keratoconus
- 2 visits – $120
- Non-contact lens wearers who experience dry eyes
- 2 visits (0.5hours /visit) – $20
- Soft contact lens wearers who experience dry eyes
- 2 weeks – $80
- Children between ages 6-13
- 1 visit of 1.5 hrs - $30
- Non-contact lens wearers with glaucoma
- 4 visits - $100
- Abbotsford – Contact lens study